Research shows that a kosher certified product receives a more favorable shelf space and outsells a non-kosher product by 20% and 80% of kosher consumers are not Jewish. People purchase kosher food for health, lifestyle & dietary reasons.
Kosher Michigan is eager to certify new businesses that meet our standards. Contact Rabbi Jason Miller, Kosher Michigan’s director, to discuss the process of kosher certification.
What are the benefits of kosher certification?
The kosher designation has been the leading classification for new food and drink products in the United States since 2005. In 2008, certified kosher foods sales totaled $12.5 billion and 28% of new food and drink products had kosher certification.
Survey Respondent’s Reasons for Buying Kosher Certified Products:
- Eighty percent of kosher consumers are not Jewish. People of all faiths are purchasing kosher food for health and safety reasons. Additionally, people are purchasing kosher food for lifestyle and dietary reasons such as vegan, vegetarian, and lactose-free.
- Research also shows that a kosher certified product will receive a more favorable shelf space and outsell a non-kosher product by 20%.
- There over 400,000 kosher certified products in the United States and the number grows on a daily basis. Kosher Michigan can help you achieve kosher certification so that you can compete in this growing market.
Statistics are from market research studies conducted by
Integrated Marketing Communications and Mintel International Group Ltd.
Obtaining kosher certification is easy & affordable
1] Kosher Michigan will review information about your business to determine kosher applicability and explain kosher standards.
2] A quotation will be provided. Upon acceptance, a contract identifying the responsibilities of each party will be signed.
3] Kosher Michigan will visit your facility to review your ingredients, preparation process, and work areas.
4] Kosher Michigan will help you educate your employees and correct any non-conformances to the kosher standards and certification contract.
5] Upon successfully meeting the kosher standards, a letter of certification will be issued and you will be given the Kosher Michigan label for your products.
6] Kosher Michigan will conduct random, unannounced visits to ensure compliance with the kosher standards.
- Kosher Michigan’s approach to supervision is based on partnership and trust.
- We will work with you to bring kosher products into the marketplace.
Learn how to make your restaurant, bakery, or food product kosher today by contacting Rabbi Jason Miller, Kosher Michigan’s Director, at 248-535-7090 or email@example.com.